- 1 stick softened butter, almost melty
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
Cream Cheese Icing
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp milk
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola/vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- Blend cinnamon filling ingredients until smooth.
- Use rubber spatula to scrape the sides and pour into a large Ziploc bag that has been opened and stood up in a tall tumbler.
- Mix together cream cheese icing ingredients in same bowl (no need to dirty multiple bowls) until smooth.
- Repeat step 2 for cream cheese icing.
- Mix pancake ingredients until smooth.
- In a large non-stick skillet, over medium to medium-low heat, and using a 1/4 cup dry measuring cup, ladle 2 pancakes.
- Snip the tip off the pastry bag containing the cinnamon filling so that the opening is a scant 1/2 inch wide and swirl over cooking pancakes in a circular motion.
- Continue to cook pancakes until bubbles form evenly through each cake.
- Gently flip each pancake over and cook another 3045 seconds and remove to serving platter.
- Serve immediately or keep warm covered in a warm oven.
- Continue with the rest of the batter.
- Place 2-3 pancakes side-by-side (too pretty to stack!) on each person’s plate and drizzle each one with icing.
- Serve maple syrup, bacon or sausage and fruit on the side.
*Note: Using a damp paper towel, wipe your skillet after each pancake is made. This will keep the next pancake from sticking to any of the cinnamon filling that has leaked onto your skillet.
Courtesy of Big Red Kitchen