- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins*
*Betty Crocker’s recipe calls for nuts, so this is where we differ and my imagination took over.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, stir brown sugar and butter until blended.
- Stir in vanilla and egg until light and fluffy.
- Stir in oats, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Finally, stir in chocolate chips and raisins.
- Onto ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to cool completely on wire rack.
Courtesy of my imagination, inspired by Betty Crocker