- 1/2 finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 1/3 cup chopped, seeded tomatoes
- 1 4-oz can green chiles
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 oz pepperjack cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese, cubed
- tortilla chips, for dipping
- In a medium saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, chile peppers and cumin.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toss shredded cheese with cornstarch.
- Gradually add cheese mixture to saucepan, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Gradually add the cream cheese, stirring until cheese is melted and smooth.
- Heat through.
- Serve with chips.
Courtesy of Our Best Bites